Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Goan Holiday

I had started writing this travelogue quite some time back – just after the trip – and before I had discovered the joys of blogging. We had a simply great time, and my intention was to record that feeling to aid memory in future, as it tends to fade away with time. However, I gave up on this idea shortly afterwards, partly because I was daunted by the enormity of the task (I am inclined to go too much into details), and partly because of the hectic activity on the social as well as professional front. As I ventured into the world of blogging, I was inspired to resume this log once again. So, my next few posts would be devoted to our Goan holiday.

Here is a preview of the things to come!






4 comments:

ambrosia said...

You have put things in perspective in such a beautiul way - indeed I too feel the same way - the necessity to record things given that the memory keeps fading. It is amazing how our brains are constructed - these records acting as anchor points to aid recall.

The previews are immensely tempting - waiting for the full story..... :)

Vj said...

I agree with you and ambrosia..I guess we all started the same way .Incidentally i was quite busy too , today Iam checking what all i missed in last few days and If I go by your prologue..Iam sure the next article is going to be fascinating ...well iam waiting

The Images are very good ...I liked the last image the most ..It is so crisp ,I've never been to a beach and its sight like this that inspire me to pack my bags

thanks for sharing

Sigma said...

Hi Ambrosia, Vj,

Thanks for sharing your perspective as well. Writing it down, I am almost reliving the good times.
Apart from hills, I love water - lakes, rivers, sea. Especially the seaside, which has so many treasures to offer. Vj, I'll certainly recommend a trip to seaside. I have seen only a few beaches so far, and Goa is undoubtedly the best of them ... though I am yet to visit Kerala.

Pooja Aggarwal said...

Nice pictures Shalini. And I have to agree with VJ, my favorite is the last one too